Friday, February 3, 2012

The Twelve Days of Valentines

The Twelve Days of Valentines

As most of you know, several years ago I decided to invent a new kind of holiday tradition. I decided to celebrate the 12 Days of Valentines, instead of just one day. It would be patterned after the 12 Days of Christmas. Starting February 3rd, for the twelve days leading up to Valentines Day, I would surprise my wife with different cards, treats, gifts and other goodies.

Well today is February 3rd, and as most of you know my wife and I are separated. Today was a difficult day as I recognized and realized that I would not only NOT be celebrating the 12 days this year, but this year would also be the last time I would celebrate a Valentines holiday being married to Nancie.

For what it's worth, I still believe in the 12 Valentines Virtues:

1. TESTIMONY BEAR IT

2. TENDERNESS FEEL IT

3. TRUTH TELL IT

4. TIME SPEND IT

5. THRIFT SAVE IT

6. TOKENS & TRINKETS GIVE IT

7. TALK SAY IT

8. TASKS DO IT

9. THANKS EXPRESS IT

10. TOUCH SHARE IT

11. THOUGHFULNESS SHOW IT

12. TEMPERANCE ENDURE IT

And I still love and believe in my wife. Happy first day of Valentines to someone who is still very dear to my heart!

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, I think you should do a version of the 12 days of Valentines for your 3 daughters - even if it's just writing them notes each of the days because Valentine's Day is not a fun holiday in high school and afterward, being single.

    ReplyDelete