Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy Birthday

Well today is my wife's birthday. It is the first time in 19 years I did not celebrate with her. No flowers, no cake, no fancy restaurant.

I did wish her a happy birthday. I found a nice card and filled it with a few gift certificates. I left it with the girls to give to her.

Looking back at all the good memories, my heart is filled with love and gratitude. I have been blessed to have had a wonderful wife and family. My heart doesn't cling to the past, it reflects warmly on it because there is so much to cherish.

Love is a lot like Christmas: It's better to give than to receive. Love isn't selfish, it isn't how it makes me feel or how much i feel I am loved by someone else, but the joy I feel by the love I freely give. And my heart is filled with love.

I truly do hope my wife has a happy birthday and I hope that every birthday from here on out is filled with good feelings and good thoughts.

Happy Birthday Nancie!

1 comment:

  1. Well put, that needs to be your next book! Love is not selfish.

    ReplyDelete