Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sweet Gifts


Here is a deep question I want you to ask yourself. Is it possible to be happy with something and never lose interest or get tired of it? Some say do something enough times and you will eventually get bored of it. Try something enough times and you eventually will get tired of it.


I disagree. I believe the answer to the question is that you can permanently love something and never get tired or bored of it, even if you use it every single day. It's called contentment when you are so satisfied with something you never lose your desire for it. You are content because you value it, and it's value is high enough and your values strong enough that you will always cherish it.

I love milk. I probably drink it every day. I have all my life and I never get tired of it. I love a certain pillow, I have a favorite hat, I have a favorite Chinese restaurant that I have loved for 32 years. And these are material things, not people or things of a spiritual nature. It is possible to be happy and content with many things in this life, every day, every month, every year. The ties that bind us to people and to God can be eternal. We have the capacity to love God and others forever. And if we are righteous we will be happy and content for all eternity.

If you are bored of something, or have fallen out of love with someone, or have gotten tired of going to church, this says more about you than what has become fleeting to you.


A true testimony of the gospel grows and expands, it doesn't diminish over time. The love of Christ increases as we love and bless others. Relationships can become richer, with time, when our hearts are set on the things that matter most.


We have all been so excited to tell someone something that we could hardly stand it. Whatever the announcement was, it is practically impossible to describe the happy feeling that filled us. The Easter message does that for me. The meaning of life is clearer because I know my Savior lives. Of all the things I could ever post, this ranks above them all. He lives!

Easter morning this year I was not with my three sweet girls. I had no Easter gifts for them this year but I did had one gift I was able to share with them. I have a testimony of the redeeming love of Jesus Christ. I know He lives. I too can testify He is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. I know that He ransomed me from all my sins and has given His blood and life for me. I know that He healed the sick, raised the dead, and taught the word and will of His father. I am grateful to be a follower of Him and to my last breath I will testify of Him. The gospel has changed my life, has given me hope and purpose. All mankind are free to believe what they choose to believe, but I choose to worship Christ.

Today I stopped what I was doing and thanked my Heavenly Father for the sweetest gift I could have ever imagined having the priceless opportunity to marry Shannon. I am truly blessed by God to have found this amazing woman, to have fallen so deeply in love with her and to know that in just a few short weeks I will be by her side. With all that has gone wrong in my life, Shannon makes life so right. I love her with all my heart!

There is a different kind of tears that well up in our eyes and softly stream down our checks, inconspicuous and unannounced, when touched by the Holy Ghost in such a way that it invokes a sacred joy known only to those who recognize and feel it. If you find yourself weeping in such a way, stop and thank your Heavenly Father for the sacred gift of such an amazing outpouring of His Spirit. Your feelings and tears are evidence that you have, in fact, connected with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment