Wednesday, January 6, 2010

We are celebrating YOU!

Today is my wife’s birthday. I want it to be a happy one. I suppose no one likes getting older. Some say women, in general, may have reservations about celebrating another passing year. But celebrating is good. And birthdays only come once a year.

Maybe there is too much emphasis on age. In the eternities, the few years on earth are really only going to be a drop in the bucket. Age, therefore, is relative.

Age can bring good things with it. Age can bring wisdom and peace. The further along we are in life, the more we appreciate the past, and anticipate the future.

So here is a birthday wish to a girl who is one year older: Happy Birthday to the love of my life! You are a gem of infinite worth! And I’m so lucky you are mine!

Just remember, sweetie, when all is said and done, we aren’t really celebrating your birthday at all, we are celebrating YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment